On the 18th and 19th of September 2019, the 10th jubilee edition of the Smart City Forum took place at the Arche Hotel Krakowska. The autumn edition of the congress brought in almost 600 participants. Representatives of local governments and businesses were thinking about the new generation of cities that will not only focus on the development of new technologies, but also on the needs of residents and their role in agglomerations.
The congress was opened by the Chairman of the Advisory Board, Expert in the field of smart city solutions and Deputy Mayor of the City of Wrocław 2007-2018, Maciej Bluj, followed by the Mayor of Wrocław Jacek Sutryk and Katarzyna Kierzek-Koperska, Deputy Mayor of the City of Poznań for Environmental Protection, Economic Activities and International Cooperation.
Efficient and comfortable public transport, electromobility, revitalisation, co-financing, access to senior programs and intelligent infrastructure – these are just some of the issues raised during the inaugural panel devoted to the topic of friendly cities. During the first debate, representatives of local government and business emphasised that inhabitant-friendly cities are primarily agglomerations that take into account their specific needs. Sustainable development is an issue that has often appeared as part of talks about the evolution of smart cities. There were examples of implementing green solutions in the development strategy of small and medium agglomerations. Parallel to the agenda, there was a presentation, ElixAir Show NANO support of local governments in the fight for clean air, where a representative of W.P.I.P presented innovative air purifiers.
During the presentation and debate within the block of new business models – sharing economy and mobility, the speakers raised topics such as the plan for the adaptation and development of means of transport such as bicycles, scooters or cars for minutes. There was also an analysis of challenges and opportunities related to urbanisation and integrated data-based management. The Round Tables formula, which has already entered the congress program for good, this time also met the expectations of participants who crowded into the round tables. It was the perfect opportunity to exchange opinions and experiences. At each table, participants and hosts had an in-depth discussion on current topics related to areas of the idea of a smart city. At round tables you could broaden your knowledge and exchange experience on the following topics:
- How to more effectively implement the idea of SMART CITY in the context of financing and implementing intelligent solutions
- Bicycles, scooters, electric scooters – an opportunity or a problem for urban transport?
- Data-driven city management
- Waste management in “Zero Waste Communes”
- Financing smart city investments from PFR funds
- Effective lighting control systems – available functions and city needs
The speakers of the 10th Smart City Forum were:
- Krystyna Danilecka-Wojewódzka, Mayor of the City of Słupsk
- Mariusz Ejsmont, Vice-President of the Board, Technical Director, LUG Light Factory
- Katarzyna Kierzek-Koperska, Deputy Mayor of the City of Poznań for Environmental Protection, Economic Activities and International Cooperation
- Jerzy Muzyk, Deputy Mayor of the City of Kraków for Sustainable Development
- Sabina Nowosielska, Mayor of the City of Kędzierzyn-Koźle
- Sławomir Palczewski, CT Head Poland Enterprise TEPS, NOKIA
- Artur Pielech, President of the Board, FBSerwis
- Andrzej Rakowicz, Deputy Mayor of the City of Toruń
- Małgorzata Stelnicka, Deputy Mayor of the City of Opole
- Jacek Sutryk, Mayor of Wrocław
- Tadeusz Truskolaski, Mayor of Białystok
Smart City Forum is a must-see on the map of Polish conferences for everyone who wants to take an active part in the city’s development process today.
The Congress is implemented as part of the activities of MMC Polska organising prestigious congresses, conferences, workshops and business trainings dedicated to specialists, management staff and company boards.
We invite you to familiarise yourself with the photo gallery of the event.
The organiser of the event is MMC Poland.